Disclosure: There's a good chance this post contains affiliate links. Purchasing through my blog helps me stay on the road! So, thank you!(Last Updated On: May 7, 2019)
When you’re working a busy nine-to-five, going on an adventure can seem pretty appealing. Booking an adventure with your other half is the perfect way of booking a vacation that you’ll not only look forward to but also deeply enjoy. Going away on an adventure with your partner allows your vacation to be romantic without the room for conflict and disorganization that can sometimes occur when arranging a getaway with friends.
You Don’t Have to Go Abroad
A getaway to Paris or a vacation exploring the sea caves of Croatia are both great, but you don’t necessarily have to shell out on a transatlantic flight to have a fun getaway. Choosing a different state (or even a new and exciting part of the state you currently live in) can be just as fun if you’re planning an adventure. If you’re looking to head to the charming south, for example, then looking for places to visit in Atlanta, via VacationRenter for instance, will help you plan the trip of a lifetime.
Choose Accommodation to Suit You
What constitutes an ‘adventure’ can differ from person to person. For outdoors enthusiasts, a fortnight under the stars would be the perfect outdoor romantic adventure. For others, the idea of spending two weeks in a tent is the complete opposite of romantic. If your adventures are taking place in the form of cliff-diving and hiking, then for the sake of compromise it might be worth booking a hotel in the name of romance – if it suits you of course.
Enjoy Your Surroundings
Wherever you decide to go, pick somewhere where you can comfortably enjoy your surroundings. If you’re planning an adventure vacation that’s packed full of action-packed activities, but don’t want to do it in cold weather, then pick somewhere that will be more than balmy during your period of travel. Whether you pick a Segway tour in Atlanta or a hiking adventure in California, choose something to match the climate and energy levels. If you’re looking for a ‘traditional’ adventure vacation, here are some activities to consider:
- Zip-lining: Countries with rich jungle-life are increasingly introducing zip-lining into their tourism scene.
- Surfing: Particularly if you’re going somewhere that’s infamous for its greenrooms.
- Paddle-boarding: This one allows you to chat and have a laugh while enjoying the lake-side views.
- Rock climbing: This one is a bit more niche, but now that bouldering and wall-climbing centers are becoming all the rage in local towns, you may already have some prior experience in this, which is strongly advised.
- Cliff-diving: This one is the reigning champion of Instagram shots, but it can be dangerous if you don’t do your research. Talk to the local tourism board and ask where the safe spots are before you create an Avatar-worthy picture.
Whatever your definition of an adventure, pick a vacation that suits you and your partner – don’t just escape to the wilds of a jungle for the thrill, pick it because you’ll enjoy it. The adventure might just be the rare opportunity to spend some quality time away with your partner, away from everyday commitments. Whether you spend your adventure driving down the interstate or swinging from the treetops, stay safe and enjoy your quality time together.
This is a guest post by Steve Conway, a techie by profession and a passionate traveler who loves to soak up the sun, swim in azure waters and explore far-off destinations that hold the promise of great adventure. Thanks, Steve!